Friday, January 16, 2015

First post - down the mtn

I always start endeavors like this with the best intentions to keep consistent records... let's just home that Mountain i3 gets more attention that my trail running blog! 

At any rate, my wife and I live at about 7200 feet in the foothills above Boulder, CO and we purchased a 2014 i3 REX GigaWorld in December 2014. The first 1.5 miles from our home are on a gravel road with 207 vertical feet of descending and then 291 feet of climbing until we reach the paved road which then climbs another 600 vertical feet before a 5 mile winding descent of around 2400 vertical feet. I then drive an additional 12 miles over hilly highway terrain to my office - reversing this route on the way home. We try to carpool most weekdays - driving the i3 about 50 miles on a typical weekday through a combination of mtn roads (gravel and paved), city streets and highway.

The roads were clear today and the temp when leaving our house was in the mid-40s. Key stats:

  • Distance: 21.7 miles
  • Average Speed: 28.1 mph
  • Consumption (mi/kWh): 6.8
  • Recuperation (mi/kWh): 8.9
  • All electric miles

No comments:

Post a Comment