Saturday, January 31, 2015

a tale of two descents

As I have noted on BMW's iForum (and I believe) in a recent post on Mountain i3 - I am eagerly awaiting the day when BMW gives us full access to i3 statistics online. Until then, I am left to take pictures of my trip computer, record them in a spreadsheet, consult the app if I remember before it resets AND only when I am not at home as my garage prevents the car from accessing the internet... ugh.

And this is too bad, because Zippy got quite the workout this past Tuesday. We drove all around Boulder, then to Denver for lunch and then back up the mtn. There were a few L1 charges in the mix and I even found an L2 charger near my downtown Denver lunch destination - but this was one of the first times that I have put 100+ miles on the car while finding effortless opportunities to charge while attending to other matters.

On Tuesday morning I noted the consumption statistics at the bottom of the descent from our home into Boulder... and was pretty darn impressed with my mi/kWh - 15.6! The drive to work is far from over at this point, but I thought I might check consumption at this same point from time-to-time to measure how I am driving and also the effects of other conditions like temp and precip.
My overall drive on Tuesday AM was as follows:
  • Distance: 23 miles
  • Average Speed: 33.1 mph
  • Consumption (mi/kWh): 5.9
  • Recuperation (mi/kWh): X
And then there was Wednesday morning. The below pic was taken at the same place as the above - 19.6 mi/kWh!
And the final tally for that drive:
  • Distance: 18 miles
  • Average Speed: 35.2 mph
  • Consumption (mi/kWh): 7.8
  • Recuperation (mi/kWh): X


No comments:

Post a Comment