Tuesday, February 17, 2015

After the snow

I was definitely out in the driveway last night from 10-11pm shoveling snow as we needed to drive both cars today and, though a winter champion, Zippy doesn't deal well with 14 inches of heavy snow. Thankfully it didn't snow after my shoveling, so things were looking pretty good for the descent this AM.

The drive into town for my AM workout as excellent - and I think a might bit easier in the i3 than in our Xterra despite the slippery conditions. I was curious to see how the return trip would be as I needed to be back at the house for some AM appts before heading back down to the office. The climb went great despite the snow covered (plowed) and sanded road that was quite slippery.

The main event was the final climb up the driveway. Though I shoveled, the passage was narrow and the surface covered in fine snow - like sand on the beach. I came at the driveway doing about 25mph and sailed right up - around the curves and into the garage! Now Zippy is having a nice drink before we head back down for a day in-town.

  • Distance: 26 miles
  • Average Speed: 21.9 mph
  • Consumption (mi/kWh): 3.1
  • Time: 1hr 15min
  • Temperature: 8-22 degrees


No comments:

Post a Comment